Irish Courses at LYIT
» Full time courses:
There are no full-time Irish courses available currently at LYIT.
» Irish as an elective module on full time courses:
- Students in the School of Business are offered Irish language as an elective module/minor award on specific courses.
- Full-time students may avail of Irish as a stand-alone module on specific programmes in the Institute. These modules provide full-time students at LYIT with the opportunity to improve their Irish competency under the framework of modularisation/semesterisation.
» Irish on the Continuing Education Programme:
- The Institute is currently collaborating with NUIG in providing a course entitled Dioplóma sa Ghaeilge at its Letterkenny campus. See www.acadamh.ie for further details.
- Conversational Irish evening courses are offered in September each year as a part of our Continuing Education Programme. The decision to run these courses is subject to sufficient numbers applying.
- Let’s Speak Irish (1) – Course Code LL_IRISH
- This course uses communicative methods (no formal grammar) to give students a basic competence in reading, writing, listening to and talking Irish in everyday situations. No previous knowledge required.
- Let’s Speak More Irish (2) – Course Code LL_IRISH2
- This course is suitable for students who attended level 1 and who would like to develop their speaking and listening skills in order to improve fluency and confidence.
- For further information, contact Peter Dobson at 074 91 86063 or at email@example.com
» In-house courses for LYIT staff:
- Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge (The European Certificate in Irish) is currently offered at five levels to the staff of the Institute. TEG is an examination system for adult learners of Irish that is linked to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Council of Europe, 2001). Examinations test the four skills: Speaking, Listening Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Writing.
- Levels currently offered to LYIT staff are:
- A1 - Lower Foundation Level (Beginners)
- A2 - Upper Foundation Level
- B1 - Lower Intermediate Level
- B2 - Upper Intermediate Level
- C1 - Advanced Level
- For further information contact Rachel Akkoç at 074 91 86803 or go to www.teg.ie