- By Air
- Donegal Airport (An Charraig Fhinn/Carrickfinn) is about one hour’s drive from Killybegs and has daily Aer Arann flights to and from Dublin. Ireland West Knock Airport and Derry Airport are also popular airports within a reasonable distance from the town: Derry City being approximately one and a half hours and Knock approximately two and a half hours away by car. Useful websites -
- By Sea
- A variety of ferry services are available from Britain and continental Europe to Ireland. Ports in Ireland include Dublin Port, Dún Laoghaire Harbour and Rosslare Harbour. In Northern Ireland, the ports are Port of Belfast and Port of Larne. Some useful websites are -
- By Road – Car
- Driving time from Dublin, Athlone or Galway is three - four hours, depending on traffic and time of day. Derry is about one hour’s drive and Belfast is approximately two and a half hours away.
- By Road – Bus
- Bus Éireann/McGeehan Coaches operate daily services to and from Killybegs. Often more local bus companies provide extra services at weekends and their schedules are designed to facilitate students and workers who commute weekly. The Bus Éireann depot and the drop-off point for most of the private bus companies are about five to ten minutes’ walk from the college. For more information visit –
- Dublin to Killybegs
This route is covered by Bus Éireann and McGeehan Coaches. It also services towns of Dunshaughlin, Kells, Virginia, Cavan, Butlersbridge, Belturbet, Ballyconnell, Bawnboy, Swanlinbar, Enniskillen, Belleek, Ballyshannon and Donegal Town.
- Galway to Killybegs
Bus Éireann and Feda O’Donnell operate along this route, which also services the towns of Tuam, Claremorris, Knock, Ireland West Airport Knock, Sligo, Bundoran, Ballyshannon and Donegal Town.
- Within Donegal
Several bus operators link various parts of Donegal to Killybegs. Information regarding timetables, pick up points and costs vary from time to time. Phone numbers for the major operators are listed here so you can check.
- By Taxi
- There are several taxis in Killybegs that will pick up from most locations. Here are some contact numbers -
Aidan Byrne +353 (0)87 9088484 Conal’s Cab +353 (0)87 9111481 Conneely’s +353 (0)87 2833300 or +353 (0)87 2944555 Eddie Kyles +353 (0)87 2487295 Derek Vial +353 (0)86 2627722