Estates Manager: Daly, Mary Capital Projects Officer/Assistant Estates Manager: Carron, Liam Maintenance Supervisor: McKelvey, Gerry Facilities Assistant/Maintenance Foreman: Doherty, Tommy Estates Office Administrator: Kessack, Lorraine
The Estates Office over sees the planning, use and maintenance of the Institute’s physical facilities and rented premises, land and infrastructure. Services provided include master planning, management and supervision of capital development and minor building and renovation/repair works, procurement of furniture and fittings, premises rental, maintenance of building plant, equipment and services including power, lighting heating, fire alarm system, CCTV, etc, space allocation including staff offices and student lockers, room bookings, assistance with the planning of special events, access and security, cleaning, sports field and grounds maintenance, car park traffic management, fire fighting equipment, energy management, deliveries reception and portering, and waste management including confidential shredding and recycling.
» Roles & Responsibilities
- Mary Daly, Estates Manager, has overall responsibility for management of the Estates function.
- Liam Carron, Capital Projects Officer/Assistant Estates Manager, oversees maintenance and building contracts, manages building services and energy and assists the Estates Manager with all other Estates management functions.
- Gerry McKelvey, Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for the control and operation of all building services, repairs, maintenance and other facilities management services on a day-to-day basis at the Letterkenny Campus
- Tommy Doherty, Facilities Assistant/Maintenance Foreman, is responsible for the control and operation of all building services, repairs, maintenance and related facilities management services on a day-to-day basis at the Killybegs Campus
- Lorraine Kessack, the Estates Office Administrator, provides administrative support in the Estates Office generally, is responsible for student locker allocation, room access control, room bookings to external bodies, assists with Estates Office procurement and payments, staff office allocation and maintenance request reception and action allocations.
- The Estates Office is supported by the following caretaking/maintenance personnel who provide security and portering services and carry out some maintenance tasks:
- LYIT Campus –Patrick Patton, Bernard Walsh, John Conaghan, and Diarmuid O’Donnabhain
- Killybegs Campus: Thomas Brosnan
- Cleaning services are provided by:
Letterkenny Campus: Noreen Devenney and a firm contract cleaners
Killybegs Campus: Mary Rice, Mary Smith, Patricia Hegarty, Vicki McCarthy, Bridget McFadden, Noreen Kennedy, Teresa Leslie, Mary Dorrian and John James Carr.
- The Estates Office contracts out many services to external service providers including: contract cleaning, security services, grass cutting/tree surgery, pitch maintenance, road sweeping, hygiene and pest control services, maintenance services for building equipment and systems, eg, fire alarm, emergency lighting, CCTV, intruder alarm, building energy management system, catering equipment repairs, lifts maintenance, heating/ventilation and air conditioning plant and specialist gases distribution.
» Contact Us:
- When contacting the Estates Office to report faults/request services, etc, staff/students are requested to make their request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the Letterkenny Campus and to Tommy Doherty – email@example.com - at the Killybegs Campus. It is important to provide as much detail as possible, eg, room number, description of fault/service requirement, name of person making the request, and any other pertinent information.