» Certificate in Marketing Essentials for Small Business
Programme Title Certificate in Marketing Essentials for Small Business CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 24 weeks Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this the course for you?
- The programme specialises in developing skills and competencies across essential areas pertaining to marketing, namely customer analysis, competitor analysis, pricing, promotion, distribution and product decisions. This is a practical programme whereby learners are encouraged to apply their developing knowledge, skills and competences to their business environment throughout both semesters.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- 5 Ordinary Level D3 in the Leaving Certificate, FETAC Level 5 or equivalent.
- Candidates who do not meet the above entry requirement may be admitted to the programme on the grounds of mature years (0ver 23 by 1st January in the proposed year of entry), if they have attained appropriate experience and attainment thresholds deemed equivalent. Such applicants will be subject to an interview process to ascertain the extent and appropriateness of prior non-accredited/accredited learning and associated communication/learning competencies. Where necessary further assessment with regard to learning and communication competencies may be required by the Learning Support Unit.
- What will I study?
Modules No of Credits Class hours per week Introduction to Marketing 10 3 Marketing Principles 10 3
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this programme learners will have the ability to:
- Identify various customer segments
- Recognise competitors strategies
- Describe the dimensions of pricing
- Design promotional tactics for the business environment
- Propose a distribution strategy
- Evaluate the product mix
- Follow-on courses
- Students will achieve comparable exemptions from the full-time Bachelor of Business in Marketing.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: