» Certificate in Social Media - Introduction
Programme Title Certificate in Social Media - Introduction CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 12 weeks Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this the course for you?
- Most people are familiar with social media buzzwords but often feel excluded from this space due to a lack of exposure to new media. This course is designed for the novice user who would like to gain an understanding of social media tools and develop skills and competencies, at an introductory level, across those areas pertaining to social media applications.
- Minimum entry requirements
- 5 Ordinary Level D3 in the Leaving Certificate, FETAC Level 5 or equivalent.
- Candidates who do not meet the above entry requirement may be admitted to the programme on the grounds of mature years (0ver 23 by 1st January in the proposed year of entry), if they have attained appropriate experience and attainment thresholds deemed equivalent. Such applicants will be subject to an interview process to ascertain the extent and appropriateness of prior non-accredited/accredited learning and associated communication/learning competencies. Where necessary further assessment with regard to learning and communication competencies may be required by the Learning Support Unit.
- What will I study?
Proposed Modules No of Credits Class hours per week Introduction to Social Media Applications 10 3
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this programme learners will have the ability to:
- Differentiate between the social networking sites
- Recognise competitors strategies
- Set up a variety of social network sites
- Set up and successfully manage a blog
- Share multimedia content
- Understand how to use and maintain applications
- Link social media pages
- Understand the business value of social media
- Follow-on courses
- Learners can use credits awarded to gain exemptions from similar elective modules on 1st year degree and higher certificate programmes in the School of Business.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: