» Master of Science Computing in Private Cloud Technologies
Programme Title Master of Science Computing in Private Cloud Technologies CAO Code LYIT internal code LY_KCLGT_M Duration 1 year full-time or 2 to 3 years part-time Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level MSc in Computing in Big Private Cloud Technologies level-9 Award Type MSc in Computing in Private Cloud Technologies level-9 - Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- What is this course about?
- This course is a level 9 MSc in Computing in Private Cloud Technologies. The objective of the course is to take graduates who have an honours degree in Computing and/or an appropriate mix of academic qualifications and IT experience and augment their skills and knowledge in readiness to begin a career in Private Cloud Technologies. It is designed to ensure that graduates are given both a base for continuing self-development and a set of skills which are transferable to the broader computing industry. The main aim of the course is to produce graduates with the required theoretical and hands-on skills to allow them to work and participate effectively in a Private Cloud Technologies environment.
- Course Structure
- The MSc is a taught program which focuses on topics applicable to Private Cloud Technologies. The course is available in both full-time and part-time mode. It includes a dissertation component which will offer the student the opportunity to apply a range of topics covered in the course to demonstrate an extended knowledge of and ability to work in the area of Private Cloud Technologies. Students who do not take the dissertation may graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Computing in Private Cloud Technologies.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- Honours Degree in Computing or an Honours Degree any discipline plus 3 years’ appropriate industry experience in the IT industry. A combination of qualifications and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Admission to this course will be by standard LYIT application procedure for a level 9 course
- Apply: Postgraduate Programmes Application Form
- What will I study?
No of credits Private Cloud Technologies Mandatory 10 Enterprise & Data Centre Networking Mandatory 10 Virtual Server Administration Elective 10 Computer Systems Programming Elective 10 Placement Mandatory 10 Security & Legal Issues Elective 10 Storage Technologies Elective 10 Data Centre Industrial Automation Elective 10 Advanced Database Development Elective 10
- Required attendance
- This course will be delivered by blended-learning. This will typically include some attendance is on-campus and some distance-delivery. The on-campus section of the course may be a small number of intensive week-long blocks or may be a day and a half per week (possibly including Saturdays) depending on circumstances. Please contact Thomas Dowling for more information.
- Career Opportunities
- Successful graduates find themselves working in the following sectors:
- Insurance Companies
- All major IT Multinationals
- All types of Companies using large Data Centre Based IT Systems
- Graduate careers typically include:
- Cloud Architect/Engineer
- Cloud Systems Administrator
- Cloud Services Developer
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Thomas Dowling, Head of Department of Computing, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 918 6304