» Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Visual Communication & Graphic Design
Programme Title Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Visual Communication & Graphic Design CAO Code Add-on programme, not available via CAO LYIT internal code LY_DVSUL_B Duration 1 year. Advanced entry into Year 4 Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Programme for Me?
- Students on this programme are encouraged to communicate creatively and critically through experimentation. The Programme invites analytical thinking with an emphasis on solving visual communication problems through the development of original solutions, aided by technical media. Students are encouraged to develop their creative practice according to their interests and strengths.
- If you would like to define your goals, experiment with ideas and challenge current practices in design communication, this programme is for you.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- The programme is offered in full-time mode for one year. Applicants should have a relevant Level 7 award in graphic design. Equivalent qualifications with 180 ECTS credits and appropriate learning outcomes will be considered
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 4/7 Design & Image in Motion Mandatory 20 7 Business of Graphic Design Mandatory 5 5 Contemporary Design Theory Mandatory 5 3 4/8 Design Project Mandatory 15 7 Personal Promotion Mandatory 10 5 Innovation and Creativity Mandatory 5 3
- Are there follow-up Programmes Available?
- Graduates may go on to study on the MA in Motion Graphics at Lyit or on MA programmes in other institutes in Ireland or abroad.
- Career Opportunities
- Graduates find employment in the visual communication industry both in Ireland and abroad. The skills learnt are highly transferable so graduate careers typically include
- Graphic Design
- Advertising and Art Direction
- Web Design
- Interactive Media
- Motion Graphics
- Print and Publishing
- Freelance design and illustration.
- This course is suitable for those who ultimately wish to pursue a career in teaching as it is recognised by the Teaching Council for the purposes of teaching Art
- This course begins in September each year. How to Apply
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: