» Primary Food Hygiene
Programme Title Primary Food Hygiene CAO Code LYIT internal code Duration 8 hours Standard Code Places: National Framework Level Award Type Certificate in Primary Food Hygiene Awarding Body Environmental Health Officers’ Association (EHOA)
- Programme Objectives
- All food handlers need to understand the serious problems that can arise in the preparation, handling, cooking, storage and service of food and the steps that must be taken to prevent food contamination. With this course, developed by the Environmental Health Officers’ Association (EHOA), food handling staff will gain an in-depth, practical understanding of the vital importance of food safety and hygiene.
The objective of this programme is to give food handling staff the knowledge both to anticipate potential problems and to follow correct procedures with regard to food hygiene.
- Programme Content
- The importance of food hygiene
- Food contamination and food poisoning
- Food delivery and storage
- Food preparation, cooking and service
- Personal hygiene
- Design, layout of food premises and pest control
- An introduction to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Duration and Structure
- 8 hours plus examination. (4 x 2 hour sessions or 8 x 1 hour sessions)
- A one hour examination with multiple choice and short answer questions.
- Candidates who are successful in the examination will be awarded a Certificate in Primary Food Hygiene by the Environmental Health Officers’ Association (EHOA).
- Course Fee
- Contact the School of Tourism for current Fees.
- When does the course commence?
- This course begins in September each year subject to demand.
- How do I apply?
- Completed Applications should be returned to:
Admissions, School of Tourism (LyIT), Shore Road, Killybegs, Co Donegal
Tel No (074) 9186600 Fax No (074) 9186601
- Primary Cert in Food Hygiene - Application Form.pdf.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: