» QQI (FETAC) Level 5 Major Award - Hospitality Operations
Programme Title Hospitality Operations CAO Code LYIT internal code Duration 1 year Standard Code Places: 18 National Framework Level 5 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from QQI
- Is this Programme for Me?
- The programme is designed to give participants an overview of the hospitality and tourism industry through a variety of practical training, integrated education and field visits to prospective employers.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- This programme is ideally suited to individuals who are preferably under 35 years of age with a Level 4 Qualification or an Applied Leaving Certificate, and who are currently unemployed.
- What will I have to study?
Year Modules FETAC Component Code No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Food Preparation 5N1909 15 Accommodation Techniques 5N1851 30 Personal Effectiveness 5N1390 15 Work Experience 5N1356 15 Restaurant Skills 5N2080 30 Nutrition 5N2006 15 Total 120
- On successful completion of the programme, participants will be placed in a broad range of hospitality, tourism and catering establishments. With the development of the Wild Atlantic Way and the expected increase in visitor numbers to Donegal it is anticipated that an increase in employment opportunities will exist in the coming years. For those individuals wishing to continue their education and training, successful completion of this programme will allow participants to apply, through the CAO, for a range of professional programmes at the School of Tourism, including:-
- Higher Certificate in Arts in Bar and Restaurant Supervision
- Higher Certificate in Arts in Culinary Arts and
- BA in Hospitality and Tourism
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism
- Information may be subject to change by agencies other than LYIT.
LYIT reserves the right to change information provided at any time