» Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Hotel, Restaurant and Resort Management
Programme Title Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Hotel, Restaurant and Resort Management CAO Code Add-on programme, not available through CAO LYIT internal code LY_THRRM_B Duration 1 year Add-on Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Programme for Me?
- This 1 year add-on programme extends the education and training of the professional operations managers, focusing on the development of knowledge and competence in Hospitality Business Management and Applied Research and Development, while offering participants an opportunity to develop specialised expertise in Human Resource Management OR Marketing.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- Access to the programme is on successful completion of the BA in Hotel, Restaurant and Resort Management or equivalent.
- How long is this course?
- 1 year add-on
- What will I have to study?
- Learners have to undertake 2 mandatory modules and 1 elective module in each semester
Year Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 4/7 Tourism E-Business & Digital Media Mandatory 10 5 Strategic Entrepreneurship and Resort Innovation Mandatory 10 8 Marketing Decisions and Consumer Behaviour Elective 10 5 Managing People in Tourism Elective 10 5 4/8 Financial Management Mandatory 10 5 Applied Research Project Mandatory 10 5 Strategic Marketing Management Elective 10 5 International Human Resource Management Elective 10 5
- Learning Outcomes?
- Having completed this programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate and critically evaluate specialised skills, knowledge and competencies, as appropriate for the holder of an honours degree in hotel, restaurant and resort management.
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge, practical skills, personal attributes and competencies that will be required for management positions in a variety of hospitality enterprises.
- Undertake research within the field of hospitality, including the ability to complete an extended research study.
- Evaluate financial, legal, managerial and technical principles that relate to the hospitality industry.
- Be able to function effectively at departmental and assistant manager level, working on own initiative and as part of the management team.
- Illustrate entrepreneurial flair, and have confidence to explore new business opportunities.
- Contribute to the strategic management of any hospitality organisation through the application of marketing skills or people management skills.
- Career Opportunities
- Students graduating from this programme will have developed the knowledge, skill and competence to work in a management capacity using a range of specialised skills in different hotel, restaurant and resort businesses.
- How do I apply?
- This course begins in September each year. How to Apply
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism
- Information may be subject to change by agencies other than LYIT.
LYIT reserves the right to change information provided at any time