» Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Destination Tourism with Marketing
Programme Title Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Destination Tourism with Marketing CAO Code LYIT internal code LY_TMARK_B Duration 1 year add-on Standard Code Places: 16 National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT
- Is this Course for You?
- This 1-year add-on programme extends the education and training for aspiring tourism professionals who wish to work in product, management and marketing innovation in national/international tourism destinations. It combines the technical skills of tour guiding with the business development skills of a marketing professional.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- Access to this programme is on successful completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality and Tourism (Front Office Management) or (Destination Marketing) or other compatible Level 7 programmes.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 4/7 Tourism E-Business and Digital Media Mandatory 10 5 Marketing Decisions and Consumer Behaviour Mandatory 10 5 Strategic Entrepreneurship and Tourism Innovation Mandatory 10 5 4/8 European and International Tourism Policy Mandatory 10 5 Strategic Marketing Management Mandatory 10 5 Applied Research Project Mandatory 10 5
- Learning Outcomes
- Having completed this programme, the graduate will be able to:
- Contribute to the strategic planning and sustainable development of tourism businesses or services in the context of its location, resources and markets.
- Collaborate in the effective marketing of a diverse range of destination based tourism businesses as part of a professional team.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge, within a tourism context, of the geography, history, culture and heritage of Ireland.
- Evaluate national and international tourism policies and assess their implications for tourism planning, management and marketing of tourism destinations at regional and national levels.
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the tourism product, tourism destinations and the requirements of organising and delivering professional tours.
- Demonstrate the capacity for independent research and analysis of emerging developments, trends and issues pertinent to the future management and marketing of tourism destinations.
- Career Opportunities
- Career paths include management positions in the travel sector, tour operators, international, national and regional tourism organisations, tourist attractions, hospitality businesses, community development, cultural organisations, cooperative marketing groups, support agencies and local authorities. There are also opportunities for graduates in research, teaching and consultancy
- This course begins in September each year. How to Apply
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism