» Diploma in Restaurant Operations Management
Programme Title Diploma in Restaurant Operations Management CAO Code LYIT internal code LY_TREST_D Duration 9 Months (3 days a week in College – 2 days a week industry) Standard Code Places: 16 National Framework Level 7 Award Type Diploma (Special Purpose) Awarding Body HETAC Funded by Failte Ireland Yes
- Is this Programme for Me?
- This innovative new programme integrates theory with practice. It has been developed to provide a relevant professional qualification for those who wish to embark on a career in Restaurant Operations Management.
- The programme will provide the participant with the benefits of personal attention, instant feedback, hands on experience and the opportunity to complement college based learning with a structured practical internship and trained mentor in Industry.
- The course will provide a stepping stone to a range of career opportunities within the restaurant industry.
- Check out the exciting aspects of Irish tourism” click here.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- HC in Arts / Business (HETAC Level 6), or an Advanced Certificate (FETAC Level 6) plus one year relevant experience, or five years industry experience.
- How long is this course?
- One Year
- College Based (24 weeks): 3 days in College and 2 days with employer of choice
Industry Based (3 months): 3 months intensive structured training with employer of choice
- Will I have to pay course fees?
- As Fáilte Ireland is committed to strengthening its recognised role as a major driving force behind the training, education and placement of culinary arts and hospitality students, Fáilte Ireland will fund both the tuition and student contribution fees of this programme
- What will I have to study?
Year Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Staff Development for Restaurant Service Mandatory 10 6 Advanced Bar and Wine Studies Mandatory 10 6 Hospitalty Management Information Systems Mandatory 5 3 Budgets, Pricing and Cost Control Mandatory 5 3 1/2 Food and Beverage Management Mandatory 10 6 Business Environment Mandatory 5 3 Applied Economics Mandatory 5 3 Accounting Practice Mandatory 5 3 Restaurant Marketing Mandatory 5 3
- Some of the Benefits You can Expect
- As an Employer
- Access to qualified restaurant supervisors/assistant managers
- An improvement in business performance due to highly skilled staff
- An enhanced image for you as an employer of choice
- Increased levels of return through greater staff commitment to the business
- Access to state-of-the-art training facilities
- Standard operating procedure manual for participating industry operators
- As a Programme Participant
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification in 9 months
- Avail of valuable college education and intensive industry experience in a structured manner
- Be part of a revolution in the Irish Restaurant industry by participating in this unique restaurant operations management programme
- Gain access to state-of-the-art training facilities
- As a participant, you will develop a broad base of knowledge, a confidence in your skills, and the fluency to move successfully into a career that’s right for you.
- Who should apply?
The course is aimed at both existing practitioners and career changers. Applicants must possess a mature outlook, a passion for the business of restaurants and the drive and capability to pursue a career in the Restaurant industry at management level.Participants graduating from this programme will have developed a range of competencies enabling them to excel as a restaurant supervisor/assistant manager and will be equipped with specialised skills in different restaurant operations.
- How do I apply?
- Application should be made directly to the School of Tourism. Your application should include a Student Application Form and a Registration of Establishment Form. Applicants who are unable to meet the employment requirements for the duration of the programme will not be considered.
- Completed Applications should be returned to:
Admissions, School of Tourism (LyIT), Shore Road, Killybegs, Co Donegal
Tel No (074) 9186600 Fax No (074) 9186601
- Restaurant Operations Management Registration of Establishment Form.pdf
Restaurant Operations Management Student Application Form.pdf
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism
- Information may be subject to change by agencies other than LYIT.
LYIT reserves the right to change information provided at any time