» Higher Diploma in Arts in Tourism Destination Marketing
(Incorporating a Certificate in Industrial Studies – Minor Award)
Programme Title Higher Diploma in Arts in Tourism Destination Marketing CAO Code LYIT internal code Duration 1 Year Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from QQI
- Is this Programme for Me?
- The Higher Diploma in Arts in Tourism Destination Marketing is a conversion programme aimed at non-tourism graduates wishing to pursue a career in the tourism industry. The programme is aimed at both professionals currently employed within the tourism industry and those from complementary backgrounds who wish to enter the tourism field. In this context it may be of particular interest to people coming from an arts, heritage, languages, geography, marketing or business background.
- The aim of the programme is to equip participants with the necessary expertise to market, co-ordinate and develop tourism businesses and projects at tourist destinations in Ireland and abroad. It is aimed at both professionals currently employed within the tourism industry and those from other fields. This dynamic programme encourages interaction between academics and industry practitioners from national and international tourism sectors.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- This course will be available to applicants who meet the following criteria: Applicants should hold a honours bachelor degree in a non-cognate discipline or a bachelor degree in a related discipline.
- What will I have to study?
Phase Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours 1/1 Tourism E-Business Mandatory 5 3 Consumer Behaviour in Tourism Mandatory 5 3 Financial Management and Entrepreneurship in Tourism Mandatory 10 5 Tourism Management and Destination Development Mandatory 10 5 1/2 European and International Tourism Policy Mandatory 10 5 Strategic Marketing Management Mandatory 10 5 Work Placement Mandatory 10 7
- Career Opportunities
- The programme’s intensive but generalist approach prepares graduates for a wide range of positions within and outside the industry, nationally and internationally. This programme is relevant for recent graduates looking to take the next step and acquire specialist knowledge necessary to manage operations at middle level management in the tourism industry.
- Career paths include management positions in the travel sector, tour operators, international, national and regional tourism organisations, tourist attractions, hospitality businesses, community development, cultural organisations, cooperative marketing groups, support agencies and local authorities. There are also opportunities for graduates in research, teaching and consultancy.
- How you I apply?
- For the 2016/2017 academic year this programme is fully funded through Springboard+. To be eligible to participate on a part-time Springboard+ programme an applicant must be a jobseeker.
- Further details and online application process are through the Springboard website. Springboard Courses
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism