» Higher Diploma in Arts in Governance and Compliance in Financial Services
Programme Title Higher Diploma in Arts in Governance and Compliance in Financial Services CAO Code Add-on programme. Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 1 Year, Post Honours Degree Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 8 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Why choose this Programme?
- The Diploma in Compliance, Financial Services and IT is a conversion course for graduates into the financial services industry. It is a one-year conversion in Legal, Governance, and IT Aspects of Compliance in Financial Services which is central to the financial services sector. It is a conversion course and no previous knowledge of financial services is required or assumed. The programme aims to meet the Legal, Governance, IT Aspects of Compliance needs of financial service companies and is being developed in collaboration with a number of key employers from the financial services industry. The Higher Diploma is designed to enhance skills, judgement and ability to deal with practical issues in the management and practice of compliance in the financial services industry. The programme introduces graduates to the Legal, Governance, and IT Aspects of Compliance and to their application to the financial services industry.
- The duration of the programme is one-year and involves learners undertaking taught modules and a work placement
- Key Features
- Level 8 Programme (60 ECTS)
Strongly aligned with industry jobs
Personal and supportive approach to teaching and learning
Skill base is transferable throughout the wider financial technology and general financial services areas
Best practice speakers
- Work placement opportunities with Financial Service organisations
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Degree, or equivalent qualification in Legal or similar discipline. Applications will also be accepted from candidates holding a qualification as a barrister or a solicitor in Ireland or the United Kingdom. Applicants relevant experience may also be eligible to apply on the grounds of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if they have attained appropriate experience and attainment thresholds deemed equivalent to a Level 8 award.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Semester 1 Financial Services Mandatory 10 Auditing Mandatory 10 Information Systems Fundamentals Mandatory 5 Regulation, Governance and Ethics Mandatory 5 Semester 2 Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Compliance Mandatory 10 IT Governance and Risk Management Mandatory 10 Information Systems Auditing Mandatory 5 Work Placement Mandatory 5
- Learning Outcomes
- Having successfully completed the Higher Diploma in Arts in Governance and Compliance in Financial Services programme participants should be able to:
- Describe the impact of relevant regulation and the role of the various regulatory bodies on the operation of the compliance function
- Explain the role of compliance and the function of internal and external auditors
- Critically evaluate the importance of ethics and their role in the compliance function
- Devise a regulatory relations policy in relation to inspections, themed visits and routine relations
- Assess the level of corporate governance and IT governance in an organisation in accordance with The Combined Rules, IT governance standards and regulatory developments in this area
- Evaluate security risks and controls related to information systems
- Demonstrate the ability for self-directed and independent learning from completion of various applied tasks.
- Operate effectively in a variety of team roles.
- Career Opportunities
- Graduates from this programme will be equipped with a skill set that is hugely in demand both regionally, nationally and internationally. Career paths include but are not limited to:
- Anti-Money Laundering Officer/Supervisor/Manager
- Corporate Governance Manager
- Compliance Manager
- Case Analyst
- Internal Auditor
- Application Procedure
- Applications may be made directly for this programme by downloading the application form here: Postgraduate Programmes Application Form .
Alternatively, you may apply through springboard at https://www.springboardcourses.ie/details/4773 .
Some applicants may be called for interview.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Anne Burke, Head of Department of Law & Humanities, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: Anne.Burke@lyit.ie
- Telephone: (074) 9186204