» Certificate in Computerised Accounts, Payroll and Information Technology Applications
Programme Title Certificate in Computerised Accounts, Payroll and Information Technology Applications CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 24 weeks Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this the course for you?
- This course will cover the following areas:
- Computerised Accounting and Payroll Systems
- Manual Record Keeping
- Business Management
- Business IT Applications
- Demand for employees with the above skill set has been highlighted in recent Forfas reports. This programme will enable participants enhance their employability opportunities in the area of accounting and payroll.
- The programme also provides a step-in and step-up pathway to third level education.
- Minimum entry requirements
- 5 Ordinary Level D3 in the Leaving Certificate, FETAC Level 5 or equivalent.
- Candidates who do not meet the above entry requirement may be admitted to the programme on the grounds of mature years (Over 23 by 1st January in the proposed year of entry), if they have attained appropriate experience and attainment thresholds deemed equivalent. Such applicants will be subject to an interview process to ascertain the extent and appropriateness of prior non-accredited/accredited learning and associated communication/learning competencies. Where necessary further assessment with regard to learning and communication competencies may be required by the Learning Support Unit.
- What will I study?
Year Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Business Management and Communications Mandatory 10 3 Record Keeping (Accounts & Payroll) Mandatory 10 3 Computerised Accounting & Payroll Systems Mandatory 10 3 Business IT Applications Mandatory 10 3
- €550 per semester – 2 semesters in total
- Follow-on courses
- Students will achieve comparable exemptions from the full-time BA in Administration & Information Technology in LYIT.
- Career opportunities
- Demand for employees with this skill set has been highlighted in recent reports by the Expert Group on Future Skills Needs. This programme aims to equip learners with the necessary entry level skills in computerised accounts and payroll to become competent support staff in an administrative environment.
- Continuing Education Application Form
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: