» Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nursing: ACCS
Programme Title Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nursing: ACCS CAO Code Not available through CAO LYIT internal code Duration Part-time Standard Code Places: National Framework Level Award Type Major Awarding Body HETAC
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be a qualified nurse i.e. registered or eligible to register as a Nurse with NMB. .
- Direct entry to the degree will be provided for candidates who possess a three-year pre-registration National Diploma in Nursing or the equivalent.
- Course Duration
- This six-module course is offered on a part-time basis over three terms (one and half years). A module takes 3 hours per week of class study.
- Course Fee:
- Fee applies per module or per programme
Set Examination fee per exam per module
- Course Details
- This course is offered under the ACCS (Accumulation of Credits and Certification of Subjects) Scheme of HETAC whereby credits for each module can be obtained individually and accumulated so that on successful completion of a total of six modules, a B.Sc. in Nursing (Hons.) may be awarded. Credits awarded per module completed. Accreditation of prior learning (APL) may also be considered against some same/similar modules of study completed at level 8.
- Modules can be completed on a Stand Alone basis also.
- The following Modules of Study are offered:
Mandatory Modules:(Students must complete all 4 listed modules if completing for B.Sc. Award)
- Contemporary Issues in Nursing
- Research Skills in Nursing Practice
- Leadership & Management in Clinical Practice October 2016
- Teaching & Assessment in Clinical Practice
- Applied Physiology and Pathophysiology ORApplied Social and Behavioural Science
- Law & Nursing OR Quality Issues in Health Care
- Aging and Caring October 2016 OR Counselling Skills
- Dates and timetable to be confirmed for each academic year commencing September 2015.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: