» Certificate in BIM (Revit)
Programme Title Certificate in BIM (Revit) CAO Code LYIT internal code Duration 1 afternoon or one evening a week for 2 semesters Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Special Purpose Award Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Course for You?
- Implementation of BIM in the construction industry has become of paramount importance as BIM applications become mainstream worldwide. In the UK it will be mandatory that all public sector projects of more than £ 4M use BIM from 2016. The BIM authorising tool Revit (Architecture, Structural and MEP) is becoming the standard software used worldwide. This course aims to enable the learner to present 2D and 3D drawings proficiently and to introduce the learner to 3D building modelling, visualization and BIM functionality such as scheduling and documenting a project. It will develop the leaner’s skills in Revit Architecture and BIM workflow and collaboration and will serve to up-skill professionals in the construction industry in the use of BIM and Revit.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- A knowledge of construction technology, basic building services and a working knowledge of CAD (typically AutoCAD) is desirable.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules No of credits 1/1 Introduction to BIM for Architectural Drawing
Introduction to BIM for Building Services Engineers
5 1/2 Intermediate BIM (Revit) 5
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this programme learners will have the ability to:
- Understand the BIM workflow methodology and project collaboration.
- Prepare, render and present a 3D model of a building.
- Produce, present and annotate 2D drawings from a 3D Revit model.
- Produce a portfolio of drawings using Revit.
- Create presentation graphics and renderings.
- Produce a schedule.
- Modify system and project settings.
- Create project datums, use massing tools and add building elements.
- Export the 3D building model to third party software.
- Document and present a project model created.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact: Anne Boner, Head of Civil Engineering & Construction, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (074) 186403
- Facebook: www.factbook.com/lyit.civilengineeringand constructions