» Minor award Children and Family Studies
Programme Title Minor award Children and Family Studies CAO Code Not available through CAO LYIT internal code Duration Part-time Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level Award Type Minor Awarding Body HETAC
- Is this course for you?
- Further to partnership with allied healthcare sector this module delivery entitled ‘Children and Family Studies’ is proposed on a part time bases September 2016.
- Part time delivery of this minor award (Level 6) to Resource and Family support staff in Donegal, Leitrim Sligo catchment areas. Potentially of interest to other allied health care professionals including PHN, community and special needs / school support staff.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- Applicants must have a Level 7 / 8 in related discipline of study. Those with Level 6 can access with RPL framework.
- What module will I have to study?
Year/Semester Modules Mandatory/
No of credits 1/1 Children and Family Studies Mandatory 10
- This module focuses on concepts of family studies, family support and family policy, exploring different family structures, the changing family and the developing parent-child relationship.
- Module Learning Outcomes:
- On successful completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Express and describe the nature and content of family studies and family support.
- Define varying family structures and impacts on the developing child
- Discuss the role of EY/HSC professionals in responding to diversity of family forms
- Describe the parent-child relationship and how it changes over time and analyse how EY/HSC services provide family support and intervention
- Discuss strategies to promote parental involvement
- Describe the internal and external partnerships relevant to EY/HSC services.
- Discuss legislation and regulations relevant to families.
- Direct entry application form
- Proposed start date: Wednesday 28th Sept 2016
Downlad Course Brochure
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Louise McBride, Head of Department of Nursing & Health Studies by
- Telephone: (074) 9186303
- E- Mail: Louise.McBride@lyit.ie