» Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills
Programme Title Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills CAO Code Not available through CAO LYIT internal code Duration Part-time Standard Code Places: National Framework Level Award Type Minor Awarding Body HETAC
- Is this Programme for Me?
- There are many teachers, particularly career guidance counsellors, HSE staff and others who, as part of their job, require basic counselling skills. For many others counselling is often a second or third career. The aim of this 10 credit level 8 award is to provide these people with the additional knowledge and a formal qualification in Counselling skills which may help them build towards a higher qualification.
- The course will be particularly attractive to people who wish to help others and would like to acquire the skills and expertise to be more effective in that role
- This Course starts Tuesday 14th Feb 2017 with a blended learning approach including face to face classes on Tuesday evenings, two self directed study evenings and two full Saturdays. The module is assessed by practical session observed by the lecturer.
- Closing date for Application Forms Friday 10th February
- Start Date 14th February start are as follows:
- Tuesday Feb 14th 6.30 to 9.30pm
- Tuesday Feb 21st Self Directed Study (SDL 1)
- Tuesday Feb 28th
- Saturday 1. March 4th 10am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday March 7th Self Directed Study (SDL 2)
- Tuesday March 14th
- Tuesday March 21st
- Tuesday March 28th
- Saturday 2. 1st April
- Tuesday 4th April.
- Please submit application form for place on course (as numbers limited to 20), which can be downloaded from the website 'DIRECT ENTRY APPLICATION FORM' or you can contact Tracy.Sheridan@lyit.ie to post out an application form.
- This is the third consecutive delivery of this module since Jan 2016, feedback is very positive to date: "really found the course valuable and interesting"; "I've used so many skills and techniques since doing this course" ; "would highly recommend this course to anyone interested or involved as a support staff"
- Programme Costs
- The costs 350 euros.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- A minimum of a Level 7 qualification in any discipline.
- What will I study
Year Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours 1 Introduction Counselling Skills 10
- Programme Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this module the learners will have the introductory ability and skills to:
- Discuss and implement diagnostic tools and approach in fundamental skills of counselling in their role
- Reflect on how you function, behave and reflect in relationships in a group setting.
- Develop an understanding of the introductory skills of counselling and how they can enhance their communication skills in their current role
- Critically reflect on self-awareness in their role and utilisation of fundamental counselling skills
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: