» Certificate in Fashion Fundamentals
Programme Title Certificate in Fashion Fundamentals CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 1 evening x 2hrs x two 12-week semesters Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Course for You?
- Fashion Fundamentals will appeal to all those interested in fashion and style and who have a desire to learn the basics of the fashion industry.
- The classes include Irish fashion, fashion history, technical design, sustainable fashion, illustration, retail buying, store planning & much more. With Donegal once being a leading hub of tweed manufacturing, this course aims to showcase the potential the students have within the county, the country & the international market.
- Students on this programme have gone from being novice’s to near experts within weeks. The mix of students was varied. Like the industry itself, students of all ages, backgrounds & ability worked together on projects that showcased them individually and as a team.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- This programme is a hands on studio-based course that requires no previous artistic experience. However enthusiasm and passion for fashion are a must. Basic computer skills are required.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Modules No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Foundations in Fashion 1: Design & Merchandising 5 2 1/2 Foundations in Fashion 2: The Sustainable Past 5 2
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this Programme the learner will be able to:
- Competently carry out fashion design projects
- Demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of the technical processes in the production of fashion design projects.
- Apply design methods in all stages of project work
- Produce original designs and work with a wide range of materials
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and perform effectively in working groups, contributing from a range of skill sets
- Recognise how the fashion industry operates in business terms
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: