» Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Fluid Therapy
Programme Title Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Fluid Therapy CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 6 weeks Standard Code Places: 16 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this the course for you?
- This Special purpose award in Advanced Veterinary Fluid Therapy will provide the veterinary nurse with advanced skills in fluid therapy during the ‘care’ process. It will provide them with the knowledge of various fluids available, when to use them and how to monitor patients receiving fluid therapy. This course has been approved by the Veterinary Council of Ireland (VCI) and students who complete it would be eligible for 200 CVE credits.
- Minimum entry requirements
- Veterinary Nurses registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland.
- Veterinary Nurses registered with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons.
- Holders of a BSc or BSc Honours in Veterinary Nursing or related discipline.
- What will I study?
Year Modules No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Advanced Veterinary Fluid Therapy 10 6
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- Critique nursing considerations for patients affected by dehydration and/or blood loss.
- Examine rationales for fluid administration.
- Critique best practice in the selection and maintenance of equipment associated with the nursing care of these patients.
- Critically analyse best practice management of patients during fluid administration.
- Calculate the dosage and timing of fluid administration in various conditions.
- Critique rationales for fluid selection, blood collection and storage.
- Evaluate routes of administration
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: