» Single Subject Certification in Land Surveying
Programme Title Single Subject Certification in Land Surveying CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code SURVCC701 Duration 1 Year, (January – May) Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 6 Award Type Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from QQI
- Is this Course for You?
- This module aims to introduce students to the basic principles of land surveying and to develop skills required to take linear and level measurements and to represent the results on scale drawings. Various techniques for area and volume calculations are covered along with an introduction to theodolite and total station surveying.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- The module is at level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications. A background in a construction or an engineering related discipline is desirable.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Modules No of credits 1 Lectures 5 Tutorials Lab/ Studio practicals Independent learning
- Learning Outcomes:
- On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of units of measurement, scale and survey drawings.
- Measure and produce scale drawings of buildings and ground features
- Record and reduce ground and other spot levels
- Calculate areas from site measurements, maps and drawings
- Estimate volumes associated with earthworks
- Appreciate elements of theodolite and total station surveying
- Follow-on Courses
- The module may be combined with a Measurement & Construction module offered in Semester One to form a Certificate in Introductory Construction Economics and Surveying (10 credits).
- The module is offered on 5 Civil Engineering and Construction entry level programmes
- Land Surveying - Brochure
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact: Anne Boner, Head of Civil Engineering & Construction, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 186403
- Facebook: www.factbook.com/lyit.civilengineeringand constructions