» Certificate in Hotel Revenue and Digital Media Management
Programme Title Certificate in Hotel Revenue and Digital Media Management CAO Code Not available through CAO LYIT internal code LY_TRDMM_C Duration 1 Year (Part-time) Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 7 Award Type Certificate (Minor Award) Awarding Body LYIT
- Is this Programme for Me?
- This programme aims to equip learners to be competent in the management of pricing, revenue and the online digital environment, for the hospitality industry.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- HC in Arts / Business (HETAC Level 6); or
- Advanced Certificate (FETAC Level 6) plus one year relevant experience; or
- Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL)
- How much does this course cost?
- What will I study
- The proposed delivery schedule will involve undertaking one module per semester with six contact hours per week over a 13 week period from September to December and from February to May
Year Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Class hours 1 Revenue Management Mandatory 10 6 Tourism E-business and Digital Media Mandatory 10 5
- Both modules are examined by continuous assessment, assignment and practical exercises.
- Benefits of this programme
- This programme specialises in developing skills and competencies across those areas pertaining to e-business management including numerical and computer skills required for a medium to large hotel. This course will also introduce the concept of revenue management and report evaluation.
- At the end of the programme learners will have the ability to:
- Assess the marketing and sales function within the hospitality sector with particular reference to digital media application and management.
- Apply revenue management and yield management concepts and theory.
- Design and apply pricing techniques in terms of managing distribution channels and hotel revenue.
- Examine how front office manages the maximisation of hotel occupancy and revenue.
- Develop, evaluate and manage the hotels online presence.
- Are there follow-up programmes available?
- On successful completion of this programme, learners will be able to apply for exemptions from both modules on the BA (Hons) in Hotel, Restaurant and Resort Management or BA (Hons) in Destination Tourism with Marketing. When does the course commence?
- This course begins in September each year.
- How you I apply?
- Application should be made directly to the School of Tourism.
Completed Applications should be returned to:
Admissions, School of Tourism (LyIT), Shore Road, Killybegs, Co Donegal
Tel No (074) 9186600 Fax No (074) 9186601
- Direct Entry Application Form.pdf
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact Ciarán ó hAnnracháin, Head of Department of Hospitality & Tourism, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (074) 9186603
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/lyit.tourism