» Single Subject Certification in Measurement & Construction Economics
Programme Title Single Subject Certification in Measurement & Construction Economics CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code ECON_C7A01 Duration 1 Semester (September – December) Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 6 Award Type Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from QQI
- Is this Course for You?
- This module will mainly focus the learner’s attention on the concept of achieving value for money in building with a focus on cost solutions for fireproofing materials. Learners will continue to develop skills in the measurement of selected building elements and will be introduced to the principles and mechanics of cost planning and preparing tenders.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- An interest in measurement and the construction industry.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Modules No of credits Class hours per week 1 Lectures 5 2 Tutorials 1 Lab/ Studio practicals 1 Independent learning 3
- Follow-on Courses
- This is a stand-alone 5 credit module.
- A Land Surveying module offered in block in Semester 2 (February – May) may be combined with this module to form a Certificate in Construction Economics and Surveying (10 credit).
- The module will give an introduction to the discipline of Quantity Surveying which LYIT offers degree (LY507) and honours degree (LY518) programmes in
- Measurement & Construction Economics - Brochure
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Contact: Anne Boner, Head of Civil Engineering & Construction, Letterkenny Institute of Technology by
- E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: (074) 186403
- Facebook: www.factbook.com/lyit.civilengineeringand constructions