» Master of Science in Management Practice
Programme Title Master of Science in Management Practice CAO Code Add-on programme. Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration Standard Code Places: National Framework Level 9 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Programme for Me?
- This new Masters programme is aimed at business graduates who want to specialise in Management. The programme focus is on developing graduates into professional management practitioners; bridging the gap between management theory and professional practice. Placements and hands-on projects form an integral part of the programme, providing an opportunity for a deeper understanding of contemporary management practices. The MSc in Management Practice provides a real opportunity for business graduates to grow their employment and career prospects.
- The duration of the programme is one-year full-time (12 months commencing in September) or two-years part-time. It involves learners undertaking taught modules, a work placement and a research dissertation. Learners will complete five taught modules in semester one, followed by a 12 week work placement in semester two. During the work placement support is provided through a series of Friday workshops in LYIT.
- The range of modules on the MSc Management Practice programme are very appropriate and will address the key issues faced by the modern manager.
- MSc Management Practice Course Brochure 2016_17
- Key Features
- Significant Industry Placement
- Small class sizes, facilitating a learner centred approach
- Exposure to leading National & International practitioners
- Excellent academic delivery & tailored support
- Hands on projects
- Best practice seminar series
- Focus on reflective learnin
- Access to an extensive range of Management and Management related materials
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- The minimum entry requirements are a Level 8 Honours Degree in Business, or equivalent, second class honours (2.2). If you don’t have an honours degree but have relevant experience you may also be eligible to apply.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules Mandatory/
No of credits Semester 1 Managing the Innovation Process Mandatory 5 Sustainable Operations Management Mandatory 10 Accounting Information for Decision Making Mandatory 5 Managing Change Mandatory 5 Research Methods Mandatory 5 Academic Writing Elective 5 Semester 2 Applied Strategic Business Planning Mandatory 10 Business Analytics Mandatory 5 Behavioural Economics Mandatory 5 Work Placement Mandatory 10 Dissertation Mandatory 15
- Learning Outcomes
- Having successfully completed the MSc in Management Practice participants will be able to:
- Apply their problem solving and analytical skills consistently in a business context
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and creative ability along with originality in complex problem situations
- Make sound judgements based on management information and communicate these effectively to a range of stakeholders
- Engage in independent learning and communicate effectively.
- Operate effectively in a variety of team roles when completing and implementing projects
- Take responsibility for career and professional development
- Industry Placement
- The MSc in Management Practice provides a real opportunity for graduates to grow their employment and career prospects. The Work Placement not only exposes the graduate to real-life management challenges but also provides an opportunity to embed best practice management techniques in local (and national) organisations..
- The Programme commences in September each year and the fee for the Master of Science in Management Practice is currently €5,000. The fee for Non-Eu students is €9,000. Tax relief is available on fees paid – up to €5,000 at the standard rate.
- You may be eligible for a grant, subject to means test – please contact your local grant awarding authority. If you qualified for a grant as an undergraduate then you may qualify again – this is subject to the grant regulations which are not administered by LYIT.
- You can find relevant information at http://www.studentfinance.ie/
- Mature students (over 23 years) who are long term unemployed may also receive subvention (contact your local welfare officer for further information).
- Postgraduate Scholarship
- Pushing Boundaries is LYIT’s Full-time Postgraduate Taught Masters Programme Scholarship. This year LYIT is offering up to 30 MSc or MA Scholarships to the value of €2,000. You can apply for the Scholarship using the Postgraduate Programmes Application Form.
- Note: This scholarship has been designed for those students who are in receipt of no other form of financial assistance to study from a grant awarding body. It is also only available to EU Students.
- Application Procedure
- The closing date for applications is 26th August 2016.
Some applicants may be called to interview.
- Download the application form here: Postgraduate Programmes Application Form
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: