» Certificate in Photography
Programme Title Certificate in Photography CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 1 evening x 2hrs x two 12-week semesters Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Course for You?
- This photography programme has been popular for many years and has attracted individuals of all ages and levels of interest.
- The programme covers the fundamentals of photography, technical instruction in use of cameras, lighting, composition and image manipulation using industry standard software. There are group discussions and activities along with one-to–one tuition in Mac equipped labs. A photo studio supports the tuition of lighting and controlled environments. Photo shoots also take place on location.
- An exhibition of students achievements takes place at the end of the programme which has been highly commended by professional photographers over the years.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- This programme is a hands on studio-based course that requires no previous artistic experience. However enthusiasm and passion for photography are a must. Basic computer skills are required.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Modules No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Digital Photography 1 5 2 1/2 Digital Photography 2 5 2
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this Programme the learner will be able to:
- Work in industry in a number of capacities, either as an in-house photographer, freelance, or be able to start their own business.
- Have a full understanding of the photography industry.
- Use a range of photographic and digital imaging techniques and processes effectively and professionally in a major portfolio of work.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: