» Certificate in Six Sigma and Business Improvement
Programme Title Certificate in Six Sigma and Business Improvement CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 2 Semesters Standard Code Places: 30 National Framework Level 9 Award Type Major Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Programme for Me?
- Six Sigma is a business practice for eliminating waste and focusing on processes that add value while eliminating non-value adding activities. This Postgraduate Certificate will provide participants with an introduction to six sigma management and statistical techniques. Learners will also complete an applied industry project where they will have the opportunity to practically apply the knowledge, skills and competencies gained from formal study and propose an improvement plan for a company based on Six Sigma Methodology.
- Minimum Academic Entry Requirements
- Level 8 award in Business/Science/Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- Applicants without a Level 8 award may also be eligible to apply on the grounds of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) if they have attained appropriate experience and attainment thresholds deemed equivalent to a Level 8 award.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Proposed Modules No of credits Semester 1/2 Six Sigma Management 10 Statistical Techniques 10 Applied Industry Project 10
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Apply a broad range of business skills which will enable him/her to function effectively in a business environment.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the principles and practice of Six Sigma and Statistics.
- Demonstrate a range of statistical and six sigma techniques that can lead to identification of areas for improvements.
- Recognise and evaluate the professional/transferable competencies that are essential and relevant within a particular context
- Conduct research within the areas of Six Sigma and evaluate its application in practice
- Follow-on courses
- Postgradate Diploma in Six Sigma and Business Improvement
- Career opportunities
- Lean / Six Sigma skills are very much in demand in Ireland. This Level 9 Certificate is strongly aligned with industry job requirements regionally, nationally and internationally. The programme facilitates the accelerated up-skilling of a graduate in an area other than the principal area of their preceding Level 8 studies.
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: