» Certificate in Basic Web Design & Development
Programme Title Certificate in Basic Web Design & Development CAO Code Not available via CAO LYIT internal code Duration 1 evening x 2hrs x two 12-week semesters Standard Code Places: 20 National Framework Level 6 Award Type Minor Awarding Body LYIT, under Delegated Authority from HETAC
- Is this Course for You?
- We live in a time universally recognised as the Age of Information. The Internet has enabled individuals, organisations, and companies of all sizes to achieve new heights and explore new ways to exchange information and to build a brand.
- Whether you are a member of a small community club, a new start-up or just simply curious about the workings of the Web – this programme is for you.
- Basic web design and development is an area of study encompassing everything involved in building a website, from the work behind the scenes, to the design of the user-interface, to content management.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- As this is a level 6 programme. Leaving Certificate or equivalent if under 23 years will be required.
- Applicants over 23 year of age do not require previous experience but an interest in visual design would be desirable.
- What will I study?
Year/Semester Modules No of credits Class hours per week 1/1 Introductory Web Design & Development 5 2 1/2 Intermediate Web Design & Development 5 2
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this Programme the learner will be able to:
- Create a wireframe design for a webpage
- Design and build a simple webpage
- Optimise and save images for the web
- Demonstrate ability to create flexible grid systems and control hierarchy of information
- Combine type and image in a cohesive manner
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical considerations when using type online
- FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: